Sunday, March 30, 2014

   Sorry I don't have much to say this week. I've mostly been excited about finding a place to live in Florida.
   I didn't have anything interesting to turn in on Friday that I can show on here. It was just fuel and sanitation schematics along with "weights and centers." Weights and centers is just weighing every single thing in the boat (tanks, curtains, pipes, electrical wiring, doors, doorknobs, windows, pillows, stoves, paint, etc.) and measuring where it is located longitudinally, transversely, and vertically to make sure that one side of our boat isn't heavier than the other..... and to make sure our boat floats at the right level rather than sinking a few extra inches because it is heavier than we want.
   Kind of boring stuff, so I played with rendering some more on my free time. I added some stilts to the pilot boat in the boatyard so it doesn't look like it's floating in mid air. And I made an image of the boat in the ocean. I really like the ocean view of it :)






   On Friday night I went back to The Hive for open mic night. My friend/classmate, Adrian, performed. He was really great. A few other guys I didn't know performed. At the end of the night my friend, Rachel, who runs The Hive, sang a song with Adrian. Sorry for the poor quality phone photos:







   When I email the videos I take on my phone to post to my blog, it compresses them pretty badly and ruins the quality. But Adrian really was good:




   Sorry that's all I've got for tonight. The end of this Pilot boat project is pretty much just reworking everything we've already done and creating a final "bid package" to theoretically send to boatyards for construction. I have a career fair this week and a field trip on Friday to look forward to.

   Goodnight.












No comments:

Post a Comment