Monday, March 24, 2014

Pilot Boat

   Okay, first I have to vent about how many handicap parking spots are at the GYM. I know, I know, I shouldn't be worried about walking the extra 20 yards because I'm going to the gym anyway. But it is still freezing outside and I'd like to park as close to the door as possible. I couldn't get all of the handicap spots in one picture. But there are SO MANY. I've never seen more than three of them being used at once. And the spots that get used are in that first row in the foreground of this picture right in front of the door. I don't get why they have the 30 extra handicap spots. I know there are "rules" to how many handicap spots you need depending on the capacity of the.... building? or parking lot? or something... but this seems excessive, especially for a gym. Phew. 


   I was looking for a new air freshener fragrance. I saw these "Familiar Favorites" category. I didn't know "clean baby" was a scent people liked. But according to Mom, that shit smells amazing. I didn't try it, though. I didn't get the Cinnabon one either. I'd constantly be hungry if my apartment always smelled like a cinnamon roll... Oh wait, I am always hungry anyway. 


   I've been researching for my final project yacht design. Here is a little teaser. It's a quick sketch I did on my Cintiq. I'll explain it in more detail when I get closer to starting the project in late April. But I can already tell it's going to be sexy. 


   Last Friday I watch the Iowa State game at Federal Jack's (a local bar) while my yacht design friends played pool. This band was playing. They were very good. I am impressed with how many talented local bands are in this area. Much better than listening to... what's that band called, Devin?... at Gardens in Okoboji... "Good For Gary", I think. Devin has visited Okoboji however many times, and I think EVERY time he has visited, Good For Gary is playing at Gardens. And "Pork Tornadoes" at Captains Getaway. I'm enjoying the variety of bands in Kennebunkport. 



   Okay, now I'll show you my Pilot Boat! I'm excited about how it is turning out even though I don't get to do much stylizing. This is a function-driven work boat with no regard for aesthetic appeal. But everything you see below was created by me. This is what was due last Friday. We had to take our 2D drawings that I've been showing you and turn them into a 3D model on CAD:





   Because I love using a rendering program called KeyShot, I went a little overboard and did more than what was required. I'm happy with the results and I'll keep adding detail until the end of the project. 


   Yeah, the boat isn't being held up by anything in this image. Oops. But I wanted to put it in the context of the boat yard where it would be built. I'll have to add supports to the boat so it looks like it is being held up by something later.







Just wait until you see what I can do when I design my OWN yacht! I can't wait.











No comments:

Post a Comment