Sunday, March 9, 2014

   I turned in my machinery arrangement last Friday. We had to place the tanks and other equipment in the boat. The three drawings go together and the key goes with all of them. Kind of a boring, technical drawing.








   On Friday night I went to the Kennebunk High School's musical. It was called The Drowsy Chaperone. It is a comedy based in the 1920's. There is a wedding that is going to happen in a few days and the "chaperone" is a girl who is in charge of keeping the bride away from the groom before the wedding. But she is always drunk and doesn't do a very good job. For a high school level, it was SO good. I can tell they must practice a lot more than OHS. The choreography was great for each dance and there is actually a full orchestra playing for each song. I was impressed.



   After the musical I went to a birthday party. Zan, a kid in my class, turned 25. He has a twin sister who visited for the weekend. I baked cupcakes and brought them over. The blue frosting stained everyone's lips and teeth blue. Oops. But they were still a hit. 




   It was a fun night. On Saturday I played mini golf at the library. It was a 21+ event at night. There is an actual company called something like "Library Mini Golf" that goes to libraries and sets up golf courses for fundraising events. It was fun. I went with a new friend, Rachel. I got a hole-in-one on one hole.... and we didn't keep score, so I can't tell you how well I did on the other holes.  




THIS was a dessert served at the end of the course. It was magical. It is a caramel rice crispy bar that is SPICY. The lady who made them got the recipe from a mexican restaurant (I think) in Portland. Rachel had her email the recipe to her, so I might have to snag that.




 Well I'm watching Cosmos right now, so I don't want to waste any more time writing. This week in school we are working on the structural grid in our pilot boat. So that will be new to me. Hopefully I can figure it out.

Goodnight.













No comments:

Post a Comment