Sunday, March 10, 2013

More snow:


   Ugh. We've been getting so much snow lately. It was finally starting to melt the past few days. It has been raining most of the day today, making the snow almost completely gone. I told Dad this morning that I could finally see the grass again. I even saw an earthworm moving across the sidewalk this morning! Whelp, the rain turned back to snow about an hour ago. So we are back to where we started. 

   I hope to be able to come home early this week for spring break. I only have class until Tuesday afternoon. So.... depending on this unpredictable weather, I'll try to make it back before the weekend starts. 

   I've been working in the Armory most of the day today. I've continued working on my sketches for the kayak seat. I need to wrap up my sketching phase by the end of this month so that I can start building my final model on CAD software. 

   We had a meeting on Friday to talk about our senior show. We set it up in a gallery space on Main Street on April 21st. The show will be up all week, displaying whatever we want to. I'll probably showcase most of my senior thesis kayak project as well as a couple other projects that I've done throughout the past few years. David, the program chair, has invited lots of industrial design professionals from across the country to come to our opening night, which is Friday, April 26. Sounds like a big deal. We'll have a little party that night so us students can have a chance to talk to the guests. We have to take down the show that following Sunday, so it unfortunately will not be up during graduation. 

   At our meeting on Friday we also talked about creating a graduation book. Think of it as kind of a yearbook... but better. It is meant to show the work that the graduating class has accomplished throughout the years. We each get to show three projects (I think?) that we enjoyed the most. The book will look very professional... a lot nicer than a high school yearbook... especially when it is made by designers. So I am excited to have that to look at after I leave Iowa State. 

   I don't have any more photos to add. No new pictures of my kayak stuff yet. Time to go cook some dinner.







No comments:

Post a Comment