Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Registration Day

   I made it to Maine. Dad and I arrived around 11:30 yesterday morning. It was raining all day so we tried to stay inside most of the time. The drive was easy during the last leg because everyone was leaving their vacation spot in Maine and driving back home towards Boston and other cities. Traffic going the other way looked terrible, but we had a pretty open road. All of the touristy shops are still open. I'll have to check them all out soon. We ate at a nice restaurant last night. It is pictured below with all of the blue umbrellas on the deck.








   My condo is very nice. It has two bedrooms and a cute little living room next to/in the kitchen. I forgot to take photos again, so I'll do that in my next blog.
   I registered for school today. I signed papers, got a parking permit, and set up my desk. It looks so clean right now! That won't last more than a few days. I'm excited to post some pictures of my yacht designs later :)

































   After registration, Dad and I went to eat at another restaurant. My favorite part was the s'mores
dessert. They prepare the marshmallow and chocolate between the crackers and place them on that wooden block and roast the whole thing in a woodfire grill. As if s'mores aren't messy enough, they drizzled the graham cracker with caramel to make it even more difficult to keep our fingers clean.








   I took a picture of my condo from the restaurant. The restaurant is just across the harbor. My place is the gray building with the black circle around it (low tide).







   After dinner, Dad and I went to look at the church. It is OLD.... I don't know how old, but it is still in use. Very small, but very neat.








   I take Dad to the airport tomorrow morning before my first day of class! I am so excited for class to start. I look forward to meeting new friends. The average age of students is 26. The youngest students are 18 (out of highschool) and the oldest student is 63!


















No comments:

Post a Comment