Sunday, November 17, 2013

New Fish Tank







   Last week at school we were learning about metals and their properties... How they are treated, yield strength, stiffness,  etc. I learned about this stuff at ISU, so it felt good to know what was going on. We took different shaped pieces of aluminum and put them in this machine to pull the aluminum apart until it broke. I did this at 3M last summer to test the strength of some new materials they had made.... so I knew that there would be a loud BOOM when the aluminum finally broke. I didn't like it haha. So much anticipation building until it snaps... like a scary movie. Ugh. We also tested fiberglass








   I went on a long walk yesterday. I'm still exploring my town. My walk wasn't on a trail (still haven't figured out how to get to the Eastern Trail), but I walked down random roads in my neighborhood and looked at the cool old houses in the woods. I walked along the harbor and saw this well behaved dog laying in the parking lot while his owner did maintenance on a boat. Our dogs would NEVER be that obedient. 






   I finally got a new tank for my fish. I love it and I think the fish like it a lot more too. So I tried taking more pictures of them. Still difficult. I have only named one of the fish. Kelly recommended the name Forrest. So I named the one with black fins Forrest because he looks different than the other two and likes to hang out alone. He's pretty cool. I still haven't named the other two. 







I got a couple shots of Mrs. Black, too!





   Tomorrow TLS is having a Thanksgiving lunch for the students followed by a presentation by a guy, Douglas Brooks, who knows all about Japanese wooden boats. Sounds interesting.


Happy Birthday to Devin and Kelly. I love you both!

Thanks for letting Devin have your ISU basketball ticket, Kelly. If I was in Ames tonight I'd rather be hanging out with you than standing in a cold, wet line all day with Devin. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment